jueves, 18 de mayo de 2023

Starter 2 Second Period Speaking Test (Units 9 and 10 in Empower Starter A1)

Starter 2 Second-Period Speaking Exam Guide corresponding to the units 9 and 10 in the Textbook of Empower Starter A1


1.- Ask a classmate about something he or she ate yesterday, e. g., ‘What did you eat yesterday?’ – ‘I ate pizza.’

2.- Ask a classmate about something he or she drank yesterday, e. g., ‘What did you drink yesterday?’ – 'I drank coffee.'

3.- Ask a classmate if he or she watched TV yesterday, e. g., ‘Did you watch TV yesterday’ – ‘Yes, I did.’

4.- Ask a classmate if he or she arrived late at school yesterday, e. g., ‘Did you arrive late at school yesterday?’ – ‘No, I didn’t.’

5.- Ask a classmate what he or she did last weekend, e. g., ‘What did you do last weekend?’ – ‘I visited my grandmother last weekend.’

6.- Ask a classmate how he or she celebrated New Year, e. g., 'How did you celebrate New Year?' - 'I had dinner with family at home.'

7.- Ask a classmate what he or her favourite season is and why, e. g., 'What's favourite season and why?' - 'It's spring because the flowers blossom.'

8.- Ask a classmate what is the season when it snows, e. g., 'What is the season when it snows?' - 'It's winter.'

9.- Ask a classmate what is the season the tree leaves turn yellow, e. g., 'What is the season the tree leaves turn yellow?' - 'It's autumn.'

10.- Ask a classmate to tell you something he or she didn't do last night, e. g., 'What didn't you do last night?' - 'I didn't clean my house.'

11.- Ask a classmate to tell you how he or she came to school, e. g., 'How did you come to school?' - 'I came to school by car.'

12.- Ask a classmate to tell you how he or she usually goes home, e. g., 'How do you usually go home?' - 'I usually go home by bus.'

13.- Ask a classmate to tell you how his or her best school friend came, e. g., 'How did your best school friend come?' - 'He came in a taxi.'

14.- Ask a classmate to tell you how he or she celebrated Halloween, e. g., 'How did you celebrate Halloween?' - 'I wore a costume and asked for sweets in my borough.'

15.- Ask a classmate to tell you how he or she celebrated Christmas, e. g., 'How did you celebrate Christmas?' - 'I travelled to Tabasco to have dinner with my family.'

16.- Ask a classmate what his or her mother is doing at the moment, e. g., 'What is your mother doing at the moment?' - 'She's cooking at the moment.'

17.- Ask a classmate what his or her father is doing at the moment, e. g., 'What is your father doing?' - 'He's working at the moment.'

18.- Ask a classmate what he or she is doing tonight, e. g., 'What are you doing tonight?' - 'I'm studying for tomorrow's exam.'

19.- Ask a classmate what he or she is doing this weekend, e. g., 'What are you doing this weekend?' - 'I'm going to a pub this weekend.'

20.- Ask a classmate what he or she is doing these coming holidays, e. g., 'What are you doing these coming holidays?' - 'I'm travelling to Prague.'


Link for the speaking cards on Wordwall: https://wordwall.net/es/resource/56710915


Written by Teacher Elmer for Starter 2 Course for the Foreign Language Centre at La Salle University of Cancun on the 18th of May 2023 in Cancun, Mexico.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

CAE 3 Speaking Test for the First period

CAE Speaking Test for the First Period Part 1: Page 53 Part 2: Page 77 Part 3: Page 60 Part 4: Page 64 Sample Video of a CAE Speaking Test A...